- Applicable to May/ Nov’ 18 Exams.
- Specially recorded in High Definition in a Hi-tech Studio having best video and sound clarity.
- Use of most lucid language .
- Numerous practical problems.
- Most student friendly approach
- Discussion of all the complications and interpretations.
- In-depth understanding of the topics.
- GST upgrade offer is only for students who have taken regular lectures for Nov’17. (it is not for any other batch regular or Fast Track)
- Any student who had taken IDT regular classes earlier than for Nov’17 will be eligible to purchase GST regular batch for May’18. At 50% of the listed price.
- Those students who have taken IDT regular batch for Nov’17 are entitled to opt for GST upgrade offer by paying Rs. 3000/- in DVD or USB Kindly mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-I: Goods and Services Tax (75 Marks)
Goods and Services Tax (GST) Law as contained in the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Act, 2017 and Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) Act, 2017
- Constitutional aspects
- Levy and collection of CGST and IGST – Application of CGST/IGST law; Concept of supply including composite and mixed supplies, inter-State supply, intra-State supply, supplies in territorial waters; Charge of tax; Exemption from tax; Composition levy
- Place of supply
- Time and Value of supply
- Input tax credit
- Computation of GST liability
- Procedures under GST – All procedures including registration, tax invoice, credit and debit notes, electronic way bill, accounts and records, returns, payment of tax including reverse charge, refund, job work
- Provisions relating to electronic commerce
- Liability to pay in certain cases
- Administration of GST; Assessment and Audit
- Inspection, Search, Seizure and Arrest
- Demand and Recovery
- Offences and Penalties
- Advance Ruling
- Appeals and Revision
Part-II: Customs & FTP (25 Marks)
Customs Law as contained in the Customs Act, 1962 and the Customs Tariff Act, 1975
- Introduction to customs law including Constitutional aspects
- Levy of and exemptions from customs duties – All provisions including application of customs law, taxable event, charge of customs duty, exceptions to levy of customs duty,exemption from custom duty
- Types of customs duties
- Classification and valuation of imported and export goods
- Officers of Customs; Appointment of customs ports, airports etc.
- Import and Export Procedures – All import and export procedures including special procedures relating to baggage, goods imported or exported by post, stores
- Provisions relating to coastal goods and vessels carrying coastal goods
- Demand and Recovery; Refund
- Provisions relating to prohibited goods, notified goods, specified goods, illegal importation/exportation of goods
- Searches, seizure and arrest; Offences; Penalties; Confiscation and Prosecution
- Appeals and Revision; Advance Rulings; Settlement Commission
Foreign Trade Policy to the extent relevant to the indirect tax laws
- Introduction to FTP – legislation governing FTP, salient features of an FTP, administration of FTP, contents of FTP and other related provisions
- Basic concepts relating to import and export of goods
- Basic concepts relating to export promotion schemes provided under FTP