- Amended by Finance Act, 2017.
- Applicable to May’ 18 Exams
- Specially recorded in High Definition in a Hi-tech Studio having best video and sound clarity.
- Use of most lucid language .
- Numerous practical problems.
- Most student friendly approach
- Discussion of all the complications and interpretations.
- In-depth understanding of the topics.
CA Farooq Haque
Teaching is an art and it came very naturally to him. He started teaching his classmates while pursuing charted accountancy course. He established Farooq Haque Classes, in the year 1998, with the sole purpose of revolutionizing the way CA,CS and CMA course is taught. Since then he has taught more than 32,500 + students and the most complicated subjects of Direct Taxes, Indirect taxes and Business and corporate laws.
Moreover, he has guided many students in preparing papers for conferences, elocutions and quiz competitions. In last 17 years his students have not only excelled in their examinations (Highest being 1st All India Rank in CA-Final), but also in their professional lives. Large numbers of his students are placed in top managerial positions in Indian and Multinational companies across the globe.
CHAPTER 1 – TRANSFER PRICING
- What is transfer pricing?
- Meaning of the term “Arm’s Length Principle”
- Significance of Arm’s Length Principle.
- Practical difficulties in application of ALP
- Evolution of transfer pricing in India
- Computation of income from transaction with non-resident.
- Associated Enterprises.
- International transaction.
- Specified Domestic Transactions.
- Computation of Arm’s Length Price.
- Functions, Assets and Risk (FAR) Analysis.
- Concept of comparability adjustments.
- Documentations and compliances.
- Specific reporting requirements– Country by Country reporting.
- Transfer pricing assessment.
- Transfer of income to non-residents.
- Introduction of specific anti avoidance measures in respect of transactions with persons located in notified jurisdictional area
- Limitation of interest deduction in certain cases
CHAPTER 2 – NON RESIDENT TAXATION
- Important definitions.
- Charge of Income tax.
- Residential status and scope of total income.
- Exempt income of non-residents.
- Presumptive taxation for non-residents.
- Capital gains taxation for non-residents.
- Special provisions prescribed under Chapter XII-A.
- Determination of tax in certain special cases [Chapter XII].
- Applicability of MAT on foreign companies.
- Special provisions to conversion of Indian branch of a foreign bank into a subsidiary company [Chapter XII-BB].
- Withholding tax provisions for non-residents.
- Miscellaneous provisions.
CHAPTER 3 – DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF
- Concept of Double Taxation Relief.
- Types of Relief.
- Double Taxation Relief provisions under the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- Concept of Permanent Establishment.
- Taxing Foreign Income.
- Taxation of Business Process Outsourcing Units in India.
CHAPTER 4 – ADVANCE RULINGS
- Authority for Advance Rulings
- Qualifications, terms and conditions of service of Chairman,Vice-chairman and members.
- Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings
- Application for advance ruling.
- Procedure on receipt of application.
- Applicability of Advance Ruling.
- Advance Ruling to be void in certain circumstances
- Powers of the Authority
- Procedure of Authority.